My Blog List

Friday, June 18, 2010

Some Tips about Wedding Videography

I have shot over 20 wedding ceremonies for friends. Here are some tips based on my experiences.
  • I personally prefer to use hand-held camcorders. Typically, a wedding shoot can last for up to 9 hours. Using light camcorders can save videographers a lot of energy. Morover, hand-held camcorders do not look as "official"as big ones, so the people being shot feel more comfortable. Thanks to HD technology, today's hand-hand camcorders have professional video quality as well.

  • Always have back-up mics and audio cables. I have encounted the situation where my wireless mic went down during shooting. What a disaster! Although it doesn't happen often, back-up mics and audio cables can save your life.

  • Have your tripod with you. I didn't take one with me when I shot the wedding in April because the tripods I was allowed to check out from school didn't come with cases. I didn't want to run the risk of the tripod being broken by those who checked in my luggage. But shooting without a tripod turned out to be an exhausting job.


No comments:

Post a Comment