My Blog List

Sunday, June 6, 2010

A Using Problem about Panasonic AG-HMC150

I used a Panasonic AG-HMC150 to shoot a wedding for my friend in April. It was the first time I used this type of camcorder, which uses an SDHC memory card for media storage. I purchased two Sandisk 8GB SDHC Class 6 cards (in addition, I borrowed one from my friend). Each card can store around 43 minutes of footage in the highest video quality. But that was not enough for the day-long shoot and I had to transfer the data from the memory cards to my hard drive so that I could continue shooting.

I encountered a problem during the wedding shoot. When I tried to transfer the data from the memory card, the system told me that some files were corrupted and the transfer couldn't be completed. It really drove me crazy: I had to use the other two cards to shoot and tranferred data as long as I was able to.

I talked with the engineer of our school's editing lab about this issue. I was reminded by him that I had tried to delete a test clip on the card during the shoot, which can cause file corruption. He strongly recommended not using the camcorder to delete data from the card, although according to the manual, you are allowed to do so. Another suggestion he gave me is not to use the memory card again, since no one is sure if the card caused the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment