My Blog List

Monday, June 14, 2010

Does the SmoothCam Filter work?

When I was shooting my friend's wedding in April, I tried to create some "dolly effect" shots. Some of them were successful, but others were too bumpy. So, according to the suggestion of Chris Mello, my fellow classmate, I tried to fix these shots with the SmoothCam Filter.

The SmoothCam Filter can be easily found under the Video folder in the Effects tab of the Browser.



I dragged the SmoothCam filter and dropped it onto the clip I wanted to fix. Then a window popped up, saying the clip was being analyzed.



However, the outcome turned out to be disappointing. The clip didn't seem to be "smoother" as I had expected, but rather, it looked more shaky.

I talked with Chris about this problem. The conclusion we came to, although we are not sure, is that I had performed slow motion on the same clip I planned to fix before the SmoothCam Filter was applied, which could cause the failure of the SmoothCam.

Has anyone encountered the same problem before? Any suggestions or comments will be welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment