My Blog List

Monday, June 7, 2010

Something about Panasonic AG-HMC150

I have only filmed with an AG-HMC150 twice, and here are my thoughts about this camcorder.

To begin with, the AG-HMC150 is super light. Because this camcorder doesn't use a tape transport, it is only around 3.7lb (according to its manual). This lightness is good for videographers who need to shoot all day long. I filmed my friend's wedding day from 9:00am to 11:pm, but didn't feel as tired as I have in the past, when shooting other weddings using different cameras.

In addition, I'm impressed with the HMC150's performance in low-light conditions. The ballroom where I shot the wedding was really dark, but the video quality I got was not too bad. Although I could see noise spots on the picture, especially after enhancing the contrast and brightness in Final Cut, the noise level was still superior to other cameras.

The only problem is the HMC150's LCD monitor, which is in standard definition. It was really difficult to adjust the focus based on the LCD monitor's grainy images in normal light conditions, not to mention in low-light conditions!

No comments:

Post a Comment