My Blog List

Monday, June 14, 2010

Record Voice-over in Final Cut Pro

I used to record my voice-over on tape and then import it into Final Cut until Jake Kassen, the engineer at my school's editing lab, told me there was no need for the extra step and I could record into Final Cut directly. I find that using Final Cut to record voice-over saves me a lot of time.

To record directly, you need your Mac, an audio board, a USB audio interface, and a hand mic.

First, hook them up: hand mic=>audio board=>USB audio interface=>Mac
Then, choose Voice Over, which is in the Tools menu.



Next, choose the audio interface input your microphone is connected to from the Input pop-up menu, as well as the sample rate that matches your sequence sample rate.



Then, select the sequence to which you want to add voice-over. Remember to set In and Out points, which is very important, or Final Cut won't record.

Finally, click the red "record" button on the Voice-Over window and you will have a five second countdown before the recording starts. Once you finish recording, just hit the space bar to stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment